Due to laziness, I've just included links to the mp3s. If you'd like to download ogg vorbis files or lossless flacs instead, you can find them at the Song-A-Week Project internet archive page
- 22. Running November 17th
- This is my song about runners. In particular, it talks about young women running around Cambridge.
- 23. Extradiagetical December 3rd
- This song is about sound tracks. My goal was to write a song using the word "extradiagetical". Needless to say, it became a rather sincere love song (of the break-up variety). The song is a narration of life as a movie sound guy might live it.
- 25. These Walls Are Thin January 7
- This is my semi-autobiographical song about my downstairs neighbor. I try never to write as therapy, but this song was oddly therapeutic to write. It's a blues and like all blues it adds a certain ironic distance to its subject matter -- in this case, the awful situation of living above an awful, abusive person. (Actually, I may not believe she's awful — I'm not entirely sure I can believe people are awful — at any rate, as the song says, I think we all could use some mercy).
- 26. This is it January 15th
- This is another existential love song. The trick of this song was to start with the utterly sketchy boy-singer line "We better make love" and to try, through the course of the song, to make that song at once sincere and not obnoxiously-sketchy-soul-man sincere. You be the judge of whether I succeeded.